Here is our quick and easy Advent chain
I had C paint 4 pieces of construction paper which I cut into strips when they dried.
On each strip I wrote the date and a simple activity. Most are things we can do at home since we live in WI in the country. We never know when the weather will keep us home. Some of the ideas I got from The Activity Mom's list, others are ideas from when I was a teacher or from ideas I have found online.
1. Make cookies with Grandma
2. Ornament Shadow Match (I bought these ornaments at the Dollar Tree a few years ago)
4. Christmas Garland (I will post pictures when we make it, C made me a fall leaf garland and I loved it, so will do the same with winter and Christmas shapes)
6. Counting Presents
7. Shop for Toys for Tots
9. Tree and gift shape match
10. Handprint Santa
11. Santa Dice Game
13. Bow and Gift color match
15. Drive around to see lights (I plan to do this on the way to Awana, so we will be out and about anyway)
16. Fireplace and stocking ABC match
18. What is in the stocking game (I will put different toys in the stocking and C will feel and guess what is inside, without looking of course)
20. Candy Cane pattern
22. Make cookies with Mommy
23-25 - those are blank since we will be traveling for Christmas. Not exactly when or if we would get to activities :)
And here is the chain hanging up. When C saw it, she stood under it and said "I am at a party!"
(ignore the half painted doorway, we live in a "work in progress" home which hasn't been "worked" on much since we had children)
Sites with great Christmas activities