We recently had fun playing with these Stacking Blocks by Melissa & Doug (affiliate link). I thought I would share some of the ways we used them
1. Nesting the blocks (this used to be C's favorite thing to do with these blocks)
2. And of course stacking
3. Comparing heights - here C found out she is the same height when all the blocks are stacked. But you could use a few blocks to compare heights of other objects. You can count how many blocks tall something is.
4. Knock over the blocks!
5. Stack the blocks sideways and make a new home for you Little People. This was a little tricky since our blocks are well loved and didn't want to stay stacked. But she still had fun. Of course you can put other objects in the blocks :)
6. Line up the blocks from smallest to biggest
7. Hide an object under 1 of 3 blocks. Here you can build your child's vocabulary by having them tell you the object is under the biggest, the medium size, the smallest, middle, left or right.
8. Stack the blocks and hide an object under one of the blocks. Your child can take apart the tower to find it! When I did this I only used 4 or 5 blocks at a time.
10. We counted how many lacing bead fit in 2 different sizes of blocks