Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sensory/Activity Box

 
I made C the ever popular Valentine sensory box. I filled it with practically everything I could find in my collection of stuff that was white, red or pink. Along with some heart shaped erasers that are none of those colors. I even added a few other items after I took the picture above. While C was playing with it we discovered a few ways to play with the variety of materials inside, so it became more of an activity box than a sensory box.

 pom poms in an ice cube tray
 pom poms inside caps

 Tracing name with heart erasers

 Stacking a variety of lids

 hair ties on a pencil

 Flat marbles on foam hearts and lined up on a foam strip

 Flat marbles on the hole punch puzzle I posted about yesterday

 Pom Poms on top of foam blocks

 Straws on pipe cleaners
 Pipe cleaners inside of pegboard pieces. A few of them also have straws on them. I do have pony beads, but I didn't add those until after we did this.

There are probably several other ways to play with the box, time to go explore some more!



abc button 

3 comments:

  1. Great job!! Love the caps and pom pom activity! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the variety of activities that you got out of those materials. We are really into playing with found and recycled materials too. Fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete