Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Shapes, Colors and Counting

I came across these games in my collection when I was looking for things to put in "quiet boxes" for C (more about those later)

I cut out a few shapes using the colors we were working on at the time. I put the larger shapes I cut out on a piece of big paper, the smaller shapes on the cards. I wrote how many counters I wanted the children to put on the shapes. I made the two games below, but you could use any shape, colors and numbers you wish, making it age appropriate (I made this a few years ago for an older preschool classroom). For counters you could use anything - pom poms, erasers, flat marbles, beads, etc.






abc button

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! My son would love something to do with out flat marbles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun game! My kids would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great activity. We have those glass beads too, have to get them out!

    ReplyDelete