Sunday, March 27, 2011

Tot School

 When I saw this idea at The Activity Mom, I knew C would love it.  She enjoys numbers and stickers. She wanted to do more, so she did it again on the back.
 We rolled a ball to each other through a tunnel (We tried to include J, but she just wanted to crawl through it)
C loves mixing colors and is constantly asking me what color you get when you mix certain colors together. I knew she would love this, and I was right. I painted each of her hands a different color and then she rubbed them together to see what colors was made. We might do this again with other colors later. I saw this idea here, but have seen in on other blogs.


We did do this awhile ago but I wanted to try it again with her now that she has better fine motor skills. When she did it before, she just poked holes where ever she wanted, this time she had to poke holes on the letters of her name using a toothpick (I made dots on the lines where she was supposed to poke) I hung the letters in the window so she could see the sun light through the holes. Another Activity Mom activity 

 I made this "hungry green monster" using an empty elbow macaroni box. I took out the plastic window, turned it inside out, taped and glued it back together and painted it to look like a monster (I have tried painting boxes before and the paint would peel off). Both girls had to feed it. J fed it colored blocks (I said the color as she put it in the box). C fed it numbers from a puzzle (she had to say the number she was feeding him).

C wanted to do Tot School with Daddy, so he helped her play with some nuts, bolts and washers.

We made this jumping frog together,
find out how to make it at Book House Craft Projects



Tot School abc button No Time For Flash Cards

10 comments:

  1. I love the hungry green monster. What a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hungry green monster is very clever!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your handprint color mixing and the green monster is so clever! Thanks for linking up to me and I'm really happy she enjoyed the activities. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!1 I hope to see you link it up this week on Made by Little Hands Monday!
    Have a great day!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hungry moster and the project where C has to poke holes to improve her motor skills.

    I have a giveaway on my blog and I would like you to invite you to enter it.
    A $40 store credit to get any drwastring backpack great for summer camp or a trip and spring hair accessories. All you have to do is leave a comment.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/40-store-credit-free-shipping-from-o-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun ideas! I agree.. the hunger monster is so adorable!

    Thanks for sharing this post at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars. This week's party is now posted. I'd love to have you share with us again this week!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/03/for-kids-friday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. It takes me back to my youth, when I used to play with similar toys or things. Despite the fact that my younger brother recently purchased this. I wanted to play with them, but I was too busy hunting dissertation help UK-based service to help me with my dissertation writing task.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Students an easily apply for this college. It is good for higher education and mostly students top dissertation writing services UK
    a good education from this college. I recommend it to everyone because it is a good option for them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time visiting your blog, and literally I am in love with your blog because the way you have shared the information is totally amazing. Believe me, I even wish to visit more blogs but first I will have to find a law assignment writer to complete my law assignment.Yellowstone Kayce Dutton Ice Blue Denim Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for high-quality coats in a variety of styles and colors? Dollar Jackets, on the other hand, is the place to be. We deal with a wide range of jackets. We want to give the highest quality jackets to our consumers. cobra kai s05 chozen brown jacket

    ReplyDelete